Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the vision




Her hair is thin, mostly gone now
I gaze at her in search of hope
Of a moment’s breath that might open
Eyes and heart to heaven

Sitting in the recliner matching hers
Suddenly I see her for the first time
The way he sees her, loves her
It seems actual light has fallen on her.

The way he longs to hold his little girl
Tuck that one long strand behind her ear
Spend every moment with her
Be with her forever
Be with her forever

linking up with emily today

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Plus like the update profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how I love this. every word you write has depth and meaning. there's a lot to be found here, and I treasure that you have invited me along on this journey. I am blessed, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, when I am particularly sad or scared for someone, I remember just this: God loves that one more beyond my wildest imagining and understanding. Thank you for sharing this, your vision. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete