Tuesday, January 22, 2013

if i could do anything: my life-vision {which becomes brave as it gets feet and hands and wings put to it}


if i could do anything.

i’d write poetry and sing to the hearts of broken women.
dancing where my words and the melody of my life touch yours.
opening something that was closed.
touching to heal something that was broken.
freeing what was held captive.
drawing on his life, I long to breathe life.
speaking light in dark places.
painting beauty for ashes.
my uniquely designed life-flesh set to music and nearness.


i penned that vision tonight, thinking these were new things that i was just realizing i desired...
then i looked back at this journal page from a couple weeks ago and saw an echo of almost everything in it...
and THEN... echoes of the prophet isaiah as he foreshadows the deliverer
(jesus claims this as his life-vision-purpose)

the spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant those who mourn in zion --
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord
that he may be glorified.
isaiah 61:1-3


this is my desire, and #iaccept my desires.
this art journal page spread was created based on prompts from the art journaler community <3



linking up with emily

15 comments:

  1. this is just lovely and so very inspiring.

    visiting from dear emily's place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! you commented here before our conversation about your space :) thanks for visiting! i have you in my reader now so i can always drink in what you pour out

      Delete
  2. oh, i love this. i'm newish to art journaling, and definitely am no artist, but even in my own collage attempts, i echo your desire, namely to be his and breathe his life outwards. such grace, there. love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. misty-girl,
      i'm sure you ARE an artist. i'm one of those who believe that everyone can be in their own way, and that when we are living as God intended, some artistic expression will often flow from that, be it visual or words, or just creativity in life, reflecting him as creator. so keep pouring onto those art-journal pages and keep discovering his heart for yours!
      love to you
      jamie

      Delete
  3. Wow, what beautiful words, esp "I’d write poetry and sing to the hearts of broken women. dancing where my words and the melody of my life touch yours." I've never art-journaled like this before - well, not successfully at least - but I have several friends who do. it's just gorgeous, thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kati-
      thank you for your kindness here.

      you have friends that art journal?! lucky! join them! ;) if you're so inclined! it was the way that God freed me up to connect to the written journaling, by including the playful element of paint and color in the process :)

      Delete
  4. How very, very beautiful. And this is exactly why the keeping of journals is such a gift to ourselves. Often, we don't even fully realize what we're exploring or unleashing when we write and create and it is only in the reflection that themes and revelations are revealed. Thank you for sharing this very personal side of yourself. I, for one, am richer for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so profound. thank you for sharing here about reflecting back. and for your affirming words. and i love your space, too - i have often explored it, linked from various places, and finally have it in my reader now :)
      beautiful
      love,
      jamie

      Delete
  5. I think journaling fascinating. I've never journaled successfully; I get lonely. You've made me see it doesn't have to be lonely; it can be a way of talking with God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i have a super-hard time journaling when it's just putting words to paper with no one else i'm sharing it with. that's what art-journaling opened up for me - allowing myself to play, with my heart opened toward him, and he can speak and i can, too. I. LOVE. IT. in fact, bye! i'm heading to my studio table now! :D

      Delete
  6. i agree with brandee. this kind of journaling is worship. it is exquisite and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, emily-
      art as worship is one of my passions, and one of the only things i've considered writing a book about - it's good to be seen in this light... affirming.

      Delete
  7. I love that your response to being able to do anything is to give of yourself. Right on! (Write on!)

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the encouragement - i appreciate your words in this space...

      Delete
  8. Yes! You already ARE all those things you claimed as a desire . . . Look no further, wait no longer. LOVE it!!!

    I love you,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete